With the holiday season quickly approaching, now is the time to finish (or start!) your holiday shopping. Holiday shopping can often become stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. If you follow Kidegories’ tips for holiday shopping, you can take the stress out and put the excitement in!
Before you hit the stores:
- The most important tip for holiday shopping is to set a budget before you leave! This can keep you from overspending when you get to the stores. Make sure you stick to your budget after you make it!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to go shopping. If you wait to shop for the big ticket items on your list, they could be sold out. Last minute shopping also is a big reason for holiday shopping stress.
- Start with a list. Know what you want to buy before you leave your house so you don’t get to the stores and buy things you don’t need.
- Do your research. Read reviews and return policies online so you know what you’re dealing with when you make the purchase.
- Consider the reputation of the brand you’re buying from. You could save money buying from a lesser known brand, but you get what you pay for.
- Organize your trip! This can save you time and stress.
At the stores:
- Clip those coupons! You can save a lot of money at the registers when you have coupons.
- Speaking of coupons, you can use online coupons with your phone using Foursquare or CouponSherpa!
- If you’re bringing the kids, limit your trip to 1-2 hours.
- If you’re shopping online, make sure the checkout has an HTTPS rather than HTTP at the beginning of the link. This means it’s a secure checkout.
- Keep your receipts. You never know whether you’ll need them or not.
- Bring cash only. If you just have cash on you, you know you won’t be able to overspend.
- If you’re using a credit card, use one with rewards you can take advantage of!
You can save a lot of stress when shopping for the holiday season just by following a few simple tips. If you’re patient with your shopping you’ll save yourself a lot of stress and you can just look forward to the holiday season! Kidegories wants you to enjoy the holiday season with your kids and shopping for your loved ones. With a great selection of gifts, furniture, room accessories and bedding, Kidegories can be your one-stop-shop for your holiday shopping needs! ‘Like’ us on Facebook for more information on our products and gifts, and stop in to see us!